Sunday 12 September 2010

My Mum as my inspiration !!!




Whether its the 12 hour day at work or the 3 glasses of champagne Ive had this evening I can't get this idea out of my head.

I've spent near enough my entire summer at my Mums beautiful,gorgeous marvelous, amazing shop in Heswall on the Wirral were she is a florist. As this summer has progressed I have become more and more interested in flowers and the skill that my Mum shows in every hand-tie and buttonhole she does. The colours, textures, shape and scents of the flowers she has been using have been giving me so many dress idea its unbelievable . I have not had one idea flow as easy as this one in a long time and I believe some of my dress design ideas are very strong and its all thanks to my Mum ! how much closer to home can inspiration get than this !!



As soon as I have my scanner up and running I'll upload some of my flower inspired dresses for you to have a peek at.

Also I am very excited as the Mother is slowly teaching me her trade ! she had me doing the wedding flowers with her from 8:30 this morning until just a couple of hours ago ! So maybe my models could be walking the catwalk not only wearing a flower but carrying a small bouquet ;)


some flowers from this weekends wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment