Tuesday 20 July 2010

Sabrina re-vamp ?

Alexis Mabille

Alexis Mabille is a designer that I had not really heard of before seeing the last spring summer range, however this year when scrolling through the couture shows, a dress captured my eye as it very strongly reminded me off the white a black Givenchy dress that Audrey Hepburn wore as Sabrina to attend the Larrabee ball. Sabrina is one of my favourite films ( being a sucker for a bit of Black & white movie time) and I 100% loved the Givenchy/Hepburn partnership for the wardrobe design . This dress is probably my favourite Givenchy ever.The Mabille dress although not a mirror image of the Givenchy dress definitely had similar aspect the colors were the same however reversed. and also the volume of the skirt however the shape was slightly different. They both also have tiny cinched in waists and very simple strapless bodices. Although Mabille's dress uses a floral lace the Givenchy dress still holds floral embroidery and I would love to think that Alexis Mabille took inspiration from the stunning Hubert de Givenchy dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment