Tuesday 20 July 2010

Beautifully random !

Frank Sorbier

The strangest show I looked at over Couture week was the Frank Sorbier show. All the pieces were beautiful: well cut, fabulous fabrics and great colours , but not one piece seemed to link , there were fantastic tailored suits huge ballerina skirt dresses and printed capes ranging from blacks to pastel pinks. As well as floor length sweeping dresses.

I have only come across Sorbier from the past few seasons and I think my favourite element from this show was how corsets had been added to the dresses but highly embellished to make them look very thick and also royal looking .

I was also really impressed how the stage was set , a lot of the dresses featured a quite autumnal colour palette and this was mirrored by the catwalk being scattered with crunchy autumn leaves which were swept along with the dresses and the autumn theme continued by fog machines immersing the floor.

My Favourite piece was a floor length gown , the bottom of which was a simple black skirt , paired with a corset bodice made entirely of sweet wrapper all in bright colours giving a slightly retro look .

No comments:

Post a Comment