Sunday 3 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

I am one of the sad ones who is getting rather excited about the royal wedding, with only 25 days left to go.
In our current brief we are asked to look at how events and cultures can influence fashion and the way it is communicated, and I thing The Royal Wedding is a great way to demonstrate this.

Everybody is taking advantage to cash in on The Royal Wedding, from Fashion Designers, foods brands, interiors (my mother included) and even toy makers !!!

This Happy-Land figurine set even includes a Corgi ! Its on my little sisters Easter list too !
I also was very impressed by the Royal Wedding theme running throughout Marks&Spencer this afternoon. With royal cushions, right the way through to egg cups and crown printed guest towels !!
The one Royal item I came across to really make me chuckle was from TopShop ...
Royal Knickers !!! I'm sure HRM will be sporting these under her Hermes suit !
My final royal finds are from Harvey Nichols, we have cakes, cups, biscuits, coasters and even tea bags ! As well as a special Royal Wedding themed Afternoon Tea is the restaurant.
My Favorite is the Keep Carm and Marry on Biscuit. The Keep Carm brand have become immensely popular over the last year, and I think its great to see they are even joining in on the royal action.
I'm looking forward to seeing Vogue magazine later in the week to see if they are also working with the royal theme as well as seeing if any shop windows get a royal makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment