Thursday 27 January 2011

Toile numbre une ! .... i got a A in francais ;)

Yesterday I started to manufacture my toile for my first outfit. I have decided to make the toile out of the same fabric as the final will be done in, as it is a stretchy fabric and I need to make sure it will fit to the body and hold the flowers structures properly.

After cutting out of fabric, sewing up seams and neatening the armholes and the neckline, I am left with just adding the samples of my floral details, I also tried the dress on for fit and size, and am really happy with the size and stretch of the fabric, although a size 12 is ever so slightly large for me !!

Here are some photos so you had follow my collection from paper to catwalk.

paper patterncut into powernettingadding the darts

fastening the shoulders and side seams
herringbone stitching on the armholes and neck
basic dress complete.
For the fastening on my dress i have used hook-n-eyes as after some research they are commonly used on designer/bridal couture as they are a hand finished and can easily be altered to give a better fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment